Summer is coming. Have you made your plans? There are still spaces available in the Writers in the Schools (WITS) Program.
Who: Middle and High school students
What: Summer writing workshops
Where: Bellaire High School
When: June 11-29, 9 am -12 noon
Why: Because you have a story to tell
In the Creative Writing Camp, you explore different literary genres (poetry, fiction, essay, drama) with friends. You learn about craft and revision in one-on-one conferences with published authors. Through multi-disciplinary projects combining text and art (such as painting, sculpture, or music), you will also find new ways to address a particular audience. At the end of the three weeks, you will publish your best work in an anthology and celebrate!
- Write your own poems and stories, real or imaginary.
- Compose an essay or a manifesto.
- Perform your play.
- Discuss your revisions with published writers.
- Spend your Fridays on the Rice University campus.
- Gather material and gain the skills to write a great essay for college applications.
- Visit a real publisher.
- Publish your work in an anthology.
- Make friends with other writers.
Click here to find out more from a Rice News story. This summer program is sponsored by Writers in the Schools (WITS) and Rice University’s School Literacy and Culture Project.
Space is very limited. Click here to enroll.Share this entry: